Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Happy Birthday

Well March 11 came and went and I never did see the new Jane Eyre. Friday morning I said good-bye to my Korean friend who spent a week with me for the first time in twenty-five years.  My heart was happy, but my head hurt from trying to dig into its depths to find those Korean words that use to fill my mind.  I climbed back into bed as the sun came up and at lunchtime, my children brought me breakfast in bed. 

I would have needed to travel to California or NY to see Jane Eyre, but it didn't matter. I was perfectly content to be surrounded by my children and husband.  The evening ended with me being certain that no one could be more content.  Maybe next year I can buy the DVD for my birthday and watch it with all my children snuggled with me on the giant couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment