Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Maybe Computer Addictions Aren't So Bad


Any of you who know me, know I have been a recluse for the past couple of months. I have changed my schedule so I can be home with my little darling every waking minute until he finally conquers the potty training thing.

You must realize that I thought I knew how to potty train. This is my sixth child, and all the others seemed to figure it out. But me and my "Little Darling" have been at a stale mate for two years. I have never had a child so certain they did not want to have anything to do with this task. I will not bore you with gory details of how I have tried to encourage him toward this achievement, but I promise I have been thorough in my attempts.

This morning he started the day like yesterday begging to get on the computer. I had grounded the computer for most of yesterday because he has become such a Spore addict. I groaned at his request thinking we were going to have another awful day of his whining to get on the computer and my whining for him to sit on the "potty".

And then Mother Magic happened. I combined the two together. "Honey, if you go 'poop' (sorry I have to be a little crass here) I will let you play Spore." So off he ran to take care of his business. No four hours of sitting together in the bathroom crying. No "But I'm afraid!" discussions. Just in and out and the deed was done.

Thank you Computer. Thank you Spore.

Mission Accomplished.

2 comments:

  1. Hurrah! What a great way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhaahahhaa can't stop laughing ahhahahahaahhahaahahhaahahahhahahahaha!

    how cute will is!!!! :P

    ReplyDelete