Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My Husband is selling his sasquatch!

My husband had me in tears last night as he shared the latest in his Sasquatch saga.  He has been known to use his genius for mischief with scammers before, but this is a new level in entertainment.  These are the actual emails he has received and sent to his new "friend".

 "About a week ago, my 10 year old and I placed an ad in the online KSL classifieds to sell two bunny rabbits (go to www.ksl.com, classifieds, rabbits). In about a day I got an email from someone named Amanda Croft. She asked me if the "item" was still available. From her email I could tell she was a scam artist (maybe a Nigerian scam artist). So I decided to have a little fun with this. Here is my response to her.

'Amanda, Which ad were you referring to? I have rabbits ($4.00 each), chickens ($5.00 each), sasquatch ($850.00 each). The sasquatch is more expensive because they are more rare. They are easy to feed and very cuddly. I know you'll like them. I am very willing to negotiate because I'm trying to raise money for an operation. '

"I'm going to see how long I can keep up this silly dialogue. She (or maybe he) has no idea what a sasquatch is, but is determined to get me to give her info to use to scam me with. I will put our continuing dialogue below."

Email from Amanda to me:

Hello
Thanks for the prompt response and i will love to make an instant purchase on sasquatch
also pls do withdraw the advert, i dont mind tellig you to take the advert down so that i can be rest assured that am in hand of the item. I will also like you to know that i will be paying via Money Order, and it will be over night payment due to the distance. You dont need to bother your self with the shipment ok i will take care of that So i will need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the Money Order.
1. Your full name
2. Your mailing address be it residential address
3. Your State
4; Your City
5: Your Zip code
6: Your phone number.
**Once again, I will like you to know that you will not be responsile for shipping
i will have a mover come over as soon as you have cashed the Money Order
Have a nice day
Amanda

Email from husband to Amanda:

"Amanda, I'm so excited that you want to buy my sasquatch. He is so cute. I hope you allow him to sleep inside your home rather than make him stay outside. he gets scared when left outside at night. A scared sasquatch is no bueno. He is on a strict diet of berries, nuts and patellas. I hope you can accommodate that. By the way, where do you live? It's important that he has just the right climate to be happy. If you could provide me with your address that would be very helpful. I'm not sure about using a money order. How does that work? It sounds good, but I just want to make sure it's safe. Your friend."

From Amanda to Hubby:

"hello
how are u doing , hope you are having a nice time and your family....cos i can see i in you that u are doing great if so gory be to the lord Almighty...i will like you to know that sasquatch will be in a very better terms here and the payment, no problem about that just provide me with the infos i ask so that i will have the payment on time before someones get the sasquatch away from ,e......thanx and will wait to hear from you.....................say me hi to everyone in your family........

Amanda"

Hubby to Amanda
"Amanda, I can tell you will be very kind to my sasquatch. It would be good not let him sleep on your bed because they are a little big and shed a lot. His name is Ernest T. A sasquatch can be a little jealous of other animals. You don't have any other animals like a dog or yeti do you? That could be a problem. Cats seem to be okay. So if you have a cat that would be alright. Do you have a cat?

I told my family you said hi. They said hi back. Even after you buy the sasquatch would it be okay if we continue to correspond as pen pals? I know my kids would love to see a picture of you and your family.

in terms of the cost, is the $850.00 okay? I know that is a little pricey, but my sasquatch is a purebred and very special to me. I have his papers that I could send to you if I can find them. Ever since I got sick I haven't been good at keeping things organized. That's what I'm going to use the money for. The $850.00 will be for a down payment to have my sciatic nerve removed. It has been causing me so much pain I can't function."

"I have two places that I live because of my work as a sales rep for Amway. I've decided to work on my down line in two locations. I think sales will pick up that way. When do you think you would be able to puck up the sasquatch? That will determine what address I give you. I usually travel with my sasquatch. I have a nice travel carrier that I can give you when you come by to pick him up.
I look forward to hearing from you and do send pictures of your family if you could. My children would love to see your children. I would have seven kids ages 12 to 3. I apologize if you don't have children, I know it is hard to have children these days with all the chemicals and toxins in our food. You know my sasquatch is very good with children. So if you have children they will enjoy rubbing his tummy.

Sorry to write so much, but I love my sasquatch and  it's wonderful to know he is going to such a pulchritudinous individual.

With Love,

(hubby)

3 comments:

  1. Incredible. Truly incredible. I had no idea stuff like this went on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim is amazing. i am so impressed from the letters. his 멍멍이 will be living happily ever after! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is way to funny. Good for him to do this. I hate putting an ad on KSL and getting all those scam. I will have to tell Cody about that one.

    ReplyDelete