Sunday, May 31, 2009

What do you do?

I didn't grow up in Utah. It was a bit of shock to move here and experience how much people look the same. It seems brown hair may make you a minority. Now I am raising my family here and I am constantly trying to broaden their horizons so they can see and understand other people and cultures. Consequently, we have lively discussions about the world and the different places one may live. This past week I realized I was failing at this task when my four year went up to a child his age at the park who happened to be of African descent and said, "Is this Africa?" as he touched her beautiful black skin. I still have a lot of work to do!

3 comments:

  1. utah mom! how are you? i love your blog picture btw :) i called you yesterday and paul answered. i have so many things to tell you :)
    i changed my blog so this is my new address. take care and i miss your family! :) tell them hi for me :)

    www.5feet4inches.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACK! AHHHHH!!!! I hope he knows about China.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha! Amy this is so cute! You are such a wonderful mom and YOU are MY hero!

    ReplyDelete